These Double Chocolate Caramel Espresso Cookies are an irresistable treat. The bold, rich flavours of these soft cookies are the stuff chocolate dreams are made of.
Alright, here me out: cookies + coffee = love. I'm prepared to fight anyone who says otherwise. Add some dark chocolate to the mix and it's even better. Basically, these Double Chocolate Caramel Espresso Cookies are heaven in cookie form.
Another thing I'm not sad about? These are adult cookies. Sure, the kids would enjoy them (they are smothered in caramel after all), but the addition of espresso means they probably shouldn't. I heard that caffeine stunts growth and while I'm unsure of the validity of this information, it's a good enough excuse for me. Hoard the cookies, I shall.
For the caramel, I used this recipe. While store bought caramel can do the trick in a pinch, this thick caramel sauce is my favourite. It's versatile, delicious and super easy. And when I say easy, I mean 4-ingredient easy!
As for choice of chocolate, higher quality dark chocolate will certainly enhance these bad boys. The use of dark cocoa powder is optional, but highly recommended.
Pro Tip: After scooping the cookie batter onto your prepared baking sheet, add some dark chocolate chips and chunks to the top. You can never have enough chocolate! Also, if you don't own a cookie scoop, I recommend these.
Scroll below for this Double Chocolate Caramel Espresso Cookie recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Double Chocolate Caramel Espresso Cookies
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs, large
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Espresso powder
- ¾ cup Dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 cup Dark chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup Caramel Store-bought or Homemade recipe - see recipe notes
- In a large bowl, combined butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and espresso powder. Beat with electric mixer until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cornstarch. Add dry ingredients to wet, and beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. *dough will be sticky - this is normal*
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 2 ounce cookie scoop or a large spoon to scoop out cookie dough balls, drop them 2 inches apart on your prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are firm to the touch.
- Cool for a 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, drizzle lightly with caramel sauce. *Homemade caramel recipe linked in recipe notes. Store-bought caramel optional*Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I love and truly recommend.
If you like this? recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog,? follow me on Instagram? and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks?? Subscribe to my YouTube channel? and never miss out on the action!
Content you may also like: