Any time I bake chocolate chip cookies, they disappear faster than my patience at tax season (if you own a business, you’ll surely understand). Needless to say these chocolate chip cookies are a fan favourite in our home. While I’ve modified my chocolate chip cookie recipe numerous times over the years, this one may in fact take that top spot They’re chewy chocolaty perfection. Also, the salt flakes are listed as optional but I highly recommend adding them. They add just the right amount of salty deliciousness needed to balance the sweet.
Scroll below for this Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups chunky semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Sea salt flakes, optional
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Add egg and vanilla, mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda and sea salt. Mix until combined (don’t over mix).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill cookie dough 1 hour.
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350° Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into 1 ounce balls and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown (don’t over bake).
- Cool and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!