Brown butter milk chocolate blondies are where it's at, folks.
In our house, it’s no secret that I’m the sweets lover (if you’ve spent any time on this blog, you’ll likely have guessed this already). Rare are the days when I bake something that my boyfriend wants to taste, let alone eat an entire portion of. That’s how I know that these brown butter milk chocolate blondies are the next level. Within a day of baking them, most of the pan had already disappeared and for once I was not the culprit. While there is a little bit more work to this recipe than a regular chocolate chip blondie, I promise they're are worth it.
Browning the butter adds a delicious nutty flavour to the recipe that wouldn't be possible otherwise. This is why I insist that it's a step you don't want to skip. I realize that this means adding an additional 30 minutes to the recipe in order to allow the butter to cool. I get it, "who has time for that". But seriously - trust me: you want to brown the butter. (The 30 minute wait is also a prime time to enjoy a glass of wine - just sain').
Another thing I recommend not skipping out on are the sea salt flakes. The combination of the sweet milk chocolate with the salty flakes are the stuff dreams are freakin' made of. You may also notice that I use salted butter in this recipe. This isn't an accident, so stick to the salted butter for this one amigos.
Honestly these brown butter milk chocolate blondies are sweet and salty perfection. They also take minimal effort to make, which I love (with three kids, an easy dessert is always a win in my book).
Lastly, if you make these Brown Butter Milk Chocolate Blondies, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Seeing your images is my fav!
Scroll below for this Brown Butter Milk Chocolate Blondie recipe and if you aren’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!
Brown Butter Milk Chocolate Blondies
- 1 cup butter, salted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 milk chocolate bar of choice, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stirring often, allow to cook 2-3 minutes, until butter smells nutty. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely (30 minutes).
- Once butter has cooled, preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs to butter mixture, beat with an electric mixer for 1 minute until smooth and well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to batter and mix until combined.
- Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Spoon dough into prepared baking pan, spreading dough evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven, sprinkle chopped milk chocolate bar evenly onto blondie. Bake an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Allow to cool completely. Cut into squares. Store up to 5 days in an airtight container.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: