If you're a fan of boozy desserts, these Rosé Wine Cupcakes are a must!
Boozy desserts have always been a favourite of mine and these rosé wine cupcakes are no exception. The sweet fluffy cake base is topped with a strawberry and wine-infused frosting, making these little handheld treats the perfect adult Valentine’s Day dessert. This recipe is in collaboration with Magnetic Hill Winery. The Magnetic Hill Reflections Rosé is a flavourful combination of strawberry, blueberry and rhubarb and I think works wonderfully for this cupcake recipe. Considering there is a fair amount of alcohol used in this recipe, I suggest hiding them from the kiddos and rosé all day solo while binge watching Bridgerton.
Scroll below for this Rosé Wine Cupcake recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Rosé Wine Cupcakes
For the cupcake base
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rosé wine of choice
For the frosting
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoon strawberry jam
- ½ cup rosé wine
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 drops red food colouring (optional)
- sprinkles for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° Line 18 cupcake tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and granulated sugar. Cream with an electric mixer.
- Add egg whites and continue to beat on high until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour in 3 parts alternating with wine, until just combined (do not overmix or cupcakes will be dense).
- Scoop batter into lined cupcake tins (about ⅔ full). Bake for 20 minutes or until top of cupcakes bounces back to the touch. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat butter until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, add confectioners sugar, jam and food colouring. Add wine in 1 tablespoon increments until desired consistency is achieved (if frosting is too stiff, add more wine).
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes, garnish with sprinkles, and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
This post is in collaboration with Magnetic Hill Winery and I was graciously gifted the wine used. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the businesses and brands that make Cashmere & Cocktails possible!