If you're looking for the perfect play on the traditional campfire treat, consider it found. These brown butter s'mores cookies are THE ONLY sweet recipe you'll need this summer.
S'mores + cookies = love in my opinion so it only seemed natural to marry the two and create these Brown Butter S'mores Cookies. This match made in heaven is only enhanced by the use of COWS Creamery Sea Salt Butter. I'm a huge fan of COWS Creamy (no lie, I use their aged cheddar on every charcuterie board I assemble), so when they approached me about this partnership I was beyond excited. Their premium butters are like no other and contain 84% butter fat which makes them extra-yummy. Browning the butter takes these s'mores cookies to a whole new level of delicious.
While this recipe could in theory be made with regular chocolate chips, I highly recommend using chopped up milk chocolate bars instead. A high quality chocolate will only make these brown butter s'mores cookies all the more tasty.
Also, this may be an unpopular opinion but I decided to use regular size marshmallows for this recipe and I'm not sorry. Bigger marshmallows melt into the ooey-gooey puddle of amazingness that you see in the images - a quality that mini marshmallows just can't achieve.
Lastly, keep your graham cracker pieces chunky. I personally enjoyed biting into the different textures that the graham crackers provided.
Scroll below for this Brown Butter S'mores Cookie recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!
Brown Butter S'mores Cookies
- 1 cup Butter, salted COWS Creamery Sea Salt Butter
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz Milk Chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cups Graham Crackers, chopped
- 12 Marshmallows
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally until butter has browned and has a nutty scent. Remove from heat, set aside and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Once brown butter has completely cooled, combine with eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined.Fold in chopped milk chocolate and graham crackers.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once cookie dough has been chilled, preheat over to 375º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough into 2" balls, placed approx. 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add 1 marshmallow to the top of each cookie, then return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
This post is in paid partnership with COWS Creamery. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the businesses and brands that make Cashmere & Cocktails possible!
If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: