With only five simple ingredients, this puff pastry plum tart can be thrown together within minutes!
If you're looking for a tasty recipe that is both beautiful and incredibly simple, this puff pastry plum tart is for you. It's also ridiculously easy to make which is always a win in my kitchen.
Stone Fruit Season
I'm always exited when stone fruit season rolls around. My youngest loves them and I enjoy baking with them. Win-win, right? When I bought a bag of plum recently, I had a lot of elaborate ideas of what I would create. Then I got way behind (summer tends to do that) and decided to go simple instead.
This plum tart is a great option if you're looking for a last minute dessert. Since I use store-bought puff pastry, there really isn't a whole lot of work involved. And yes, I know homemade puff pastry is awesome but I was looking for a time-saving option. Hence, the frozen store-bought stuff. There's no shame in buying puff pastry from your grocery store, so let's just take the judgement off the table right not. The tart was delicious regardless.
Easy Doesn't Mean Ugly
The recipe may be simple but the result is very pretty. I love the look of the deep purply-reds of the plum slices. I used thyme as a garnish, making it a somewhat savoury dessert, however it's entirely optional. The contrast in flavours and colours were why I chose to do so.
This puff pastry plum tart is a versatile option for any occasion. It would be a great served for breakfast or brunch. It would pair beautifully with an afternoon coffee or tea. The tart would also make a great appetizer to serve a small gathering. This puff pastry plum tart is a versatile option for any occasion!
Scroll below for this Puff Pastry Plum Tart recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!
Puff Pastry Plum Tart
- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry thaw according to package
- 4 Red plums, sliced into wedges
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- Thyme sprigs for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- While puff pastry thaws, slice 4 red plums into wedges. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Unfold thawed puff pastry onto prepared baking sheet. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto puff pastry, leaving a 1" perimeter around the edge.
- Top with sliced plums.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tart is puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Garnish with thyme sprigs if desired. Cut into 6 servings and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: