These baked chocolate donuts are the fudgy treat of any chocoholic’s dreams.
Listen up, chocolate fiends because I have a seriously delicious recipe coming your way. These baked chocolate donuts are moist and oh-so deliciously fudgy. They’re also baked (as stated in the title), which doesn’t make them healthy in any capacity but I like to pretend it does. If you have a chocolate craving, look no further!
I’ve been on a sprinkles kick lately so obviously these baked chocolate donuts got the sprinkle treatment. I went with nonpareils but any sprinkle type will do. Be as wild and creative with your sprinkle game as you can. If you’re looking for more sprinkle-inspired recipes, check out this Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwich recipe!
This recipe is easy enough to put together and aside from the cooling time involved, relatively quick too. The frosting is essentially a ganache made in the microwave which also facilitates things. This being said, if you’re looking for tips on how to make the perfect ganache, check out my post on How to Make Ganache. I’d personally spread ganache onto anything and everything – just sayin’.
Quick tip: don’t over mix the batter once you add the dry ingredients. Also, if you don’t own a piping bag, simply scoop the batter into a Ziplock bag and cut off a corner. I recommend serving these donuts the same day they’re prepared when they’re most fresh.
Scroll below for this Baked Chocolate Donut recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!
Baked Chocolate Donuts
For the donuts
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup semi-chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
For the donuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combing egg, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and melted butter. Beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Add buttermilk and beat until just combined.
- Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pipe batter into donut pan, filling each mold 3/4.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until donuts spring back to the touch. Place on cooling rack. Cool completely before making chocolate glaze.
For the glaze
- In a heat safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, whipping cream and butter. Microwave on high, stirring every 15-20 seconds, until smooth.
- Allow glaze to cool 3-5 minutes. Dip top half of each donut into glaze twize. Garnish with sprinkles.
- Once flaze has set, serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: