If Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches don’t sound like the perfect birthday-inspired summer treat to you, we may need to reevaluate our friendship.
Seriously though, these Funfetti ice cream sandwiches are too darn cute to pass up. To be fair, anything with sprinkles tends to make me happy, so my opinion may be a tad bias in this case. Regardless, there’s no denying that they make for a fun dessert.
Obviously, the kids loved them. I mean, confetti sprinkles + cookies + unicorn coloured ice cream = love to my children. There was no way these Funfetti ice cream sandwiches would be a fail. I chose to use Moon Myst ice cream in this recipe for the pretty pastel colours, however any flavour work work. You could also roll the perimeter of the sandwiches in sprinkles once they’re assembled. I chose not to only because I wanted to see the yellow, purple and blue colours of the ice cream.
Pro Tip: do not over bake the cookies. If anything, slightly under bake them. You want the cookies to remain soft once frozen, and this is easier to achieve when the cookies aren’t crispy. The centre should still be very soft when you remove them from the oven.
Scroll below for this Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwich recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!
Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles
- 1 Litre Ice Cream of choice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and egg. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add flour mix to wet ingredients. Beat until just combined. Stir in sprinkles.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop batter with 2 Tbsp scoop onto prepare baking sheet, placing them 2" apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes (they will look underdone - this is normal). Allow to cool completely.
- Scoop approx 1/2 cup of ice cream onto the flat side of 6 of the 12 cookies. Top with flat side of left over cookies to make a sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: