Add this margarita popsicle recipe to your summer cocktail roster, ASAP!
Honestly, is there anything better than margarita on a stick on a hot summer day? I think not, amigos. These margarita popsicles are also incredibly easy to throw together: three steps and BAM - you have yourself a boozy frozen treat.
For this recipe, I used the new Patron Citronge Lime Liqueur however regular silver tequila will work as well. Fresh lime juice is a MUST, so please don't cheap out and use the bottled stuff. This recipe has very few ingredients and so the quality of ingredient that you use will dictate the flavour.
One thing to keep in mind: due to the alcohol content of the popsicles, they tend to melt quickly. Only take them out when you're ready to serve and eat immediately (though not too quickly - drink responsibly friends).
This is an adaptation of Jilian Harris's Tequila Lime Margarita Popsicles which are totally delicious as well. Be sure to check out Jilian's webpage - she has a ton of great content!
Scroll below for this Margarita Popsicle recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!?
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- ⅓ cup Patron Citronge Lime Liqueur or Silver Tequila
- ⅓ cup Triple Sec
- ½ cup Simple Syrup
- ½ cup Lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoon Lime zest
- ¼ cup Sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
For the Simple Syrup
- Combine water and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Combine coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, simple syrup and lime juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in lime zest and shredded coconut.
- Pour mixture into popsicle moulds. Freeze 8-10 hours. Serve and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog,? follow me on Instagram? and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks?? Subscribe to my YouTube channel? and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: