These soft and sweet Funfetti cookies are an easy recipe to add to your baking arsenal.
There aren’t a whole lot of things that I like better than birthday-cake inspired treats. Sprinkles are also a huge hit with the kids (I’m convinced my youngest would eat them by the fist-full if I’d allow it), so these Funfetti cookies tend to cause a wave of excitement in our home.
These Funfetti cookies are also super easy to assemble which makes them a great recipe to involve the kids. Allowing mine to help meant intense vacuuming thereafter but these are the sacrifices we make as parents I suppose. I swear that I was finding confetti sprinkles under furniture and in between the floor crevices for days.
While on the subject of sprinkles, I’ve been informed that the type of sprinkles used in Funfetti cookies is a hot debate in the baking world. I personally don’t favour one type over another, but I will say that nonpareils run the risk of the colour running into your batter. I used confetti sprinkles because I had them on hand, however jimmies would work well too.
Scroll below for this Funfetti Cookie recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and egg. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add flour mix to wet ingredients. Beat until just combined. Stir in sprinkles.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop batter with 2 Tbsp scoop onto prepare baking sheet, placing them 2" apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned (center should still be soft - careful not to over bake them!).
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: