With the cold weather being here to stay, I’m looking for all of the cozy meals and drinks that I can get my hands on. While I do tend to favour a spiked hot chocolate, like this Peppermint White Hot Chocolate recipe, a thought a mulled wine would be perfect to embrace the holiday season. This mulled wine recipe is in collaboration with Magnetic Hill Winery and features their Bay of Fundy Blue wine. The Bay of Fundy Blue is a bold blueberry wine and is sweet enough that it doesn’t require to add sugar to the recipe (although I did add a dash of maple syrup – we’re Canadian, it’s our duty to throw maple syrup onto everything, isn’t it?).
Scroll below for this Mulled Wine recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 bottle of Bay of Fundy Blue by Magnetic Hill Winery (or a full bodied, fruity red of your choice)
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks, extras for garnish (optional)
- 2 star of anise, extras for garnish (optional)
- 4 cloves
- ¼ cup cranberries, fresh for garnish
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Add half of the sliced orange, orange juice, wine, brandy and maple syrup into a heavy bottomed pot and stir.
- Add cinnamon sticks, star of anise and cloves.
- Warm mixture over low to medium heat until mixture begins to steam (do not bring to a boil).
- Once steaming, reduce heat to low and heat an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve in mugs and garnish with left over orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star of anise and fresh cranberries.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
This post is in collaboration with Magnetic Hill Winery and I was graciously gifted the wine used. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the businesses and brands that make Cashmere & Cocktails possible!