Stay warm with this classic mulled wine recipe! An easy recipe for the chilly winter season.
With the cold weather being here to stay, I’m looking for all of the cozy meals and drinks that I can get my hands on. While I do tend to favour a spiked hot chocolate, like this Peppermint White Hot Chocolate recipe, a thought a classic mulled wine would be perfect to embrace the holiday season.
This mulled wine recipe is in collaboration with Magnetic Hill Winery and features their Bay of Fundy Blue wine. The Bay of Fundy Blue is a bold blueberry wine and is sweet enough that it doesn’t require to add sugar to the recipe (although I did add a dash of maple syrup - we’re Canadian, it’s our duty to throw maple syrup onto everything, isn’t it?).
Scroll below for this Mulled Wine recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Classic Mulled Wine
- 1 orange sliced into rounds
- 1 bottle red wine fruity red wine of choice
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks extras for garnish, optional
- 2 star of anise extras for garnish, optional
- 4 cloves
- ¼ cup cranberries fresh, for garnish
- Add half of the sliced orange, orange juice, wine, brandy and maple syrup into a heavy bottomed pot and stir.
- Add cinnamon sticks, star of anise and cloves.
- Warm mixture over low to medium heat until mixture begins to steam (do not bring to a boil).
- Once steaming, reduce heat to low and heat an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve in mugs and garnish with left over orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star of anise and fresh cranberries. Serve and enjoy!
This post is in collaboration with Magnetic Hill Winery and I was graciously gifted the wine used. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the businesses and brands that make Cashmere & Cocktails possible!
If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: