Welp, it’s December. Not quite sure how the jerk snuck up on me, but the month of merry and joy has leapt from the shadows and tackled me to the freakin’ ground. December, you sleigh riding Ho-Ho-ing asshole, you’ve royally screwed me. I’ve accomplished next to nothing thus far in terms of decorations and gifts, which has me more and more in a state of sheer and utter panic. Truthfully, it’s my own fault. I’d promised myself that I would get all of my shopping done on Black Friday. When that didn’t happen, Cyber Monday. Now that both events have come and gone without much of anything purchased, as well as the realization that empty store shelves and shipping deadlines are quickly becoming problematic, I’ve resigned myself to the good old “que sera, sera” way of being. After all, Christmas isn’t about presents, right? (Though my children may not agree.) A few things that I did NOT drop the ball on thus far are the awesome holiday recipes that I have lined up for you. Today, I bring to you this decadent White Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe. Not only will the kids will love it but once you throw a generous splash of Peppermint Shnapps into yours, you will too. Also, if you ever need children to volunteer for a photo shoot, these puppies are mighty useful. I’ve never seen my daughter so keen to jump in front of the camera!
Scroll below for this festive White Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the hot chocolate:
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate (the better the quality, the better the drink – just sayin’)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Peppermint Shnapps (optional)
For the peppermint whipped cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
Here’s what you’ll do:
- For the whipped cream topping, beat whipping cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer until cream becomes thick. Add confectioner’s sugar and mix until combined. Add peppermint extract, this time beating with electric mixer until peaks form. Set aside.
- For the hot chocolate, place milk, whipping cream, white chocolate and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk continuously until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Do not boil.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs. Add Peppermint Shnapps if you’re feeling extra festive and stir. Top with whipped cream and serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!