Ok, this white chocolate cranberry blondie recipe may be the MVP of the 2020 holiday season. Seriously, if the combination of zesty orange, tart cranberries and sweet white chocolate doesn’t make your mouth salivate, then there may be something wrong with you. I tried to do myself a solid by freezing them to avoid inhaling the entire pan by myself (‘cause the Covid 19lbs is quickly becoming the Covid 30lbs), but I’ve simply resorted to eating them frozen so I guess the joke’s on me. Needless to say I’ll be adding this White Chocolate Cranberry Blondie recipe to my annual holiday baking roster.
Scroll below for this White Chocolate Cranberry recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the blondie:
- ¾ cups butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
For the frosting:
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2-3 Tbsp orange juice, fresh
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried cranberries, for garnish
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, orange zest and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add baking powder and flour and gently fold into mixture until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and cranberries and fold until evenly distributed.
- Turn batter into prepared baking pan and evenly distribute.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- While blondies are baking, combine cream cheese, butter, orange zest and orange juice in a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until frosting is smooth.
- Once the blondie base has completely cooled, frost and sprinkle with dried cranberries.
- Cut and serve!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!