Chocolate strawberry cake jars are the perfect option when you're looking to serve individual desserts.
On top of being super cute and compact, these chocolate strawberry cake jars are decadent af. If you're a fan of creamy, chocolaty flavours combined with sweet fruit, this recipe is for you. This dreamy dessert is comprised of strawberry cake layers, topped with chocolate ganache and strawberry buttercream frosting. Basically, these chocolate strawberry cake jars are no joke.
The recipe is definitely on the sweet side of the spectrum, so this dessert isn't for the faint of heart. Obviously, this meant that my kids were HUGE fans of the little handheld treats and I'm sure yours would be as well. I'm convinced that these jars can satisfy any sweet tooth.
While this dessert does require several steps, once prepared they're far easier to serve than actual cake which compensates for the work involved. Honestly, if you're going to go through the trouble of baking a cake, these jars aren't actually THAT much more work. This option is especially useful when hosting parties. Guests can simply grab a jar without fuss instead of butchering cake slices and making a mess. Plus, cake jars are freakin' adorable. An all-around win, in my opinion.
Scroll below for this Chocolate Strawberry Cake Jar recipe and if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe! 😉
Chocolate Strawberry Cake Jars
For the cake
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Strawberries, fresh or frozen(thawed)
- 1 cup Milk
- Red food colouring, optional
For Chocolate Ganache
- 1 ½ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
For the Strawberry Buttercream
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 3-4 cups Confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon Milk
- ¼ cup Strawberry puree
For the Strawberry Cake
- Preheat oven at 350°F. Line a 11x17 inch rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and red food colouring and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, wisk baking powder, salt and flour.
- In a blender or food processor, blend strawberries until puree.
- Add dry ingredients, milk and strawberry puree to bowl of wet ingredients. Blend until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick interted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
For the Ganache
- Place chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, warm the whipping cream over medium/low heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Pour warm whipping cream over chocolate chips. Allow to sit 3-5 minutes. Slowly whisk chocolate chips and whipping cream until smooth. Allow to cool completely.
For Strawberry Buttercream
- In a large bowl, whip butter until creamy.
- Add confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and strawberry puree, beating on low speed until well combined. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Using a circular cookie cutter the size of your jar opening, cut cake into 12 circular portions.
- Place one circle of cake in the bottom of each jar.
- Using a piping bag, pipe a layer of ganache over the first cake layer.
- Using a pipine bag, pipe a layer of strawberry frosting over the ganache layer.
- Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: