This Apple Galette made with store-bought puff pastry is a great last-minute dessert option for the fall.
When you have a house full of kids and guests coming over for a meal, finding the time to bake something delicious for dessert may be a challenge. If this sounds like you, this Apple Galette with Puff Pastry is a godsend.
It's no secret that I love easy desserts. Something that I can whip up in a pinch is always a win to me. With three kids, you can't blame a girl for wanting simplicity. I love this Apple Galette recipe because it's pretty, tasty and quick to assemble.
To keep things quick and easy, I use store-bought puff pastry. Yes, you can absolutely make your own if you choose. Homemade puff pastry is delicious. However, for the sake of time, store-bought is the way I went. Make sure to thaw the puff pastry prior to assembling the galette. I left mine in the refrigerator overnight and it was perfect.
For this recipe, I used Honey Crisp apples. They're my favourite apple in many ways and I love to bake with them. They're just the right amount of sweet. Other apples I recommend for this recipe are Granny Smith or Gala, but feel free to use whichever you prefer.
I like this recipe because kids can easily help with the assembly. Aside from slicing the apples, your mini-helpers can execute most of the tasks without too much difficulty (depending on their age, of course). There is even some painting involved if you count the egg-wash. Honestly, fun for all.
I suggest serving this apple galette warm and topped with ice cream. It keeps well 2-3 days if stored in a sealed container and can be reheated after the fact.
Scroll below for this Apple Galette with Puff Pastry recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!
Apple Galette with Puff Pastry
- 4 Large apples, pealed and sliced
- 5 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry thaw according to package
- 1 tablespoon Coarse sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice. Toss until apples are well coated. Set aside.
- Over a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14" circle (approx.).
- Transfer rolled out dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place apple mixture into the pastry, leaving a 2" boarder.
- Gently fold edges of pastry over filling, leaving much of the apples still exposed.
- Brush the folded edge of pastry with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm a la mode. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe to this blog, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!
Recipes you may also like: