Can I start by saying that my life wasn’t complete until these browned butter pumpkin pancakes came along? They’re so freakin’ delicious that I kind of want to write them a lover letter, but that would be weird, so I’ll just whisper sweet nothings to the stack in between nibbles instead. I don’t even care about the side-stares I’ll get from my boyfriend or the questionable remarks spewed by the kids. I love these pancakes (like, will-you-marry-me love them), and I’m prepared to shout it from the rooftops. If you’re into pumpkin desserts, then you need these too. Trust me.
Scroll below for this Browned Butter Pumpkin Pancakes recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugars and pumpkin spice. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, egg and milk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredient over flour mixture and fold together until no more flour pockets are found.
- In a medium non-stick pan, melt butter over medium heat until begins to bubble and brown.
- Pour hot butter onto batter and fold in evenly.
- Return frying pan to heat and ladle ½ cup of batter per pancake. Cook 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the top of batter. Flip and cook until browned.
- Garnish with chopped pecans and maple syrup. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!