When I heard that Baileys released a limited addition Red Velvet Cupcake flavour, I knew that I had to make something with it. I mean really; cupcakes + Baileys MUST = love, right? Anyway, needless to say, I was pumped. I decided to go with a spiked chocolate mousse for this particular occasion and trust me when I say that this recipe did NOT disappoint. If you’re a fan of mousse desserts, run to your local liquor store and purchase a bottle of this pink magic immediately. Also, the recipe only uses ¾ cup of the Red Velvet Cupcake Baileys, so you’ll have lots left over to enjoy in liquid form as well.
Scroll below for this Red Velvet Cupcake Baileys Mousse recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ¾ cup Red Velvet Cupcake Baileys, divided
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a sauce pan, combine ¼ cup Red Velvet Cupcake Baileys and ¼ cup whipping cream. Heat on medium until it begins to boil, then quickly remove from heat.
- Add white chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot Baileys mixture over top the chips. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes, then stir well until smooth. Allow to cool completely before moving on to step 3.
- Add cold water to a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remainder of whipping cream and cooled white chocolate ganache. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup Baileys, continuously beating on low speed.
- Melt gelatin mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add gelatin to the mousse, beating with electric mixer on low.
- Divide mousse between 6 to 8 serving bowls or glasses (I used small champagne flutes).
- Refrigerate for minimum 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!