Sweet potatoes: yet another food that my partner and I disagree on. If you follow this blog, you may have already heard me discuss the household food wars that occasionally occur. Items like mint and pumpkin, for instance, are a source of disagreement when it comes to certain recipes. While my partner likes MOST things (he honestly isn’t a fussy eater by any means), I tend to like ALL things (much like a human garburator), and we have come to another impasse with sweet potatoes. They’re honestly my favourite root vegetable and I could eat them daily. The one silver lining of our differences in taste are that I didn’t need to share these Shingled Sweet Potatoes. If you’re a fan of sweet potatoes like I am, you’re going to really enjoy this recipe.
Scroll below for this Shingled Sweet Potato recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 400° Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, oil and minced rosemary.
- Add sliced sweet potatoes and toss until evenly coated with butter mixture.
- Arrange sweet potatoes vertically in dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Increase oven to 450° Uncover dish, and drizzle sweet potatoes with maple syrup. Roast another 10 minutes.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!