In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been on the donut train lately. Honestly, how could I not be when they’re so darn easy to make? This time I went for pumpkin (hey, it’s fall and I’m basic) topped with a maple glaze. I’d like to say that I shared them with my family, but that would be a lie. My partner hates all things pumpkin and since I’m trying to get the kids back onto their regular eating plan, this left me solo with a dozen donuts and nowhere else to turn. Ah, the sacrifices.
Scroll below for this Baked Pumpkin Donut recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the donuts:
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
For the glaze:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp. maple extract
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray two donut pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- For the donuts, in a bowl, beat oil, eggs, sugars, pumpkin, baking powder and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour and pumpkin spice and fold into batter until no flour pockets remain.
- Fill donut cavities just under the rim with batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges and top are lightly browned.
- Remove donuts from oven and allow to cool for approx. 2 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before starting step 7.
- For the glaze, melt butter and maple syrup over medium heat in a small saucepan. Once the butter has completed melted, whisk and remove from heat. Add confectioners’ sugar and maple extract and whisk until smooth. Cool 2 minutes.
- Dip each donut into glaze twice, then place them back onto cooling rack for glaze to set.
- Serve immediately for best results. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!