Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies - Cashmere & Cocktails

Among the many 2020 goals I’ve set for myself, the top on my list is balance – more specifically dietary. I tend to be an all-or-nothing person. When I want something, I dive in head first and when I don’t, crickets. This has applied to many facets of my life but has been most noticeable with food. I wouldn’t say that my weight yoyos (I’m lucky in that respect), however I’d be willing to bet that repeatedly binge eating cheeseburgers for days on end, then following it up with week-long celery juice cleanses, can’t be that healthy. So what I want for 2020 is daily dietary balance. Of course, this can look different for everyone but for me dietary balance looks like an 80/20 ratio. This means that 80% of the time, I’ll choose healthier food options. This is not to be confused with “diet food”. When I say healthy, I simply mean real food. Stuff that is fresh, whole and doesn’t come with a list of ingredients that I can’t pronounce. The other 20% are my treat yo’ self meals, which means that if I’m craving a cheeseburger, I’ll have one (the operative word here being ONE). So when I was craving Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies last week, I made them. I ate a few, satisfied my craving, and then gave the rest away. New year, new me – right?

Scroll below for this Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookie recipe and if you haven’t already, please subscribe!

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies - Cashmere & Cocktails

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies - Cashmere & Cocktails

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies - Cashmere & Cocktails

Here’s what you’ll need:

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • ½ cup cocoa powder
  • 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tsp vinegar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Dash of salt
  • ¼ cup granulated sugar, for rolling
  • 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon, for rolling

Here’s what you’ll do:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
  4. Add cocoa powder, flour, chili powder, baking soda and vinegar. Slowly beat the ingredients until just combined.
  5. Roll dough into uniform balls (roughly 3Tbsp in size).
  6. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each ball in the mixture covering all surfaces and place the sugared balls onto the baking sheet (2 inches apart).
  7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are set but middle is still soft. Do not over bake!
  8. Transfer baked cookies onto a cooling rack and while still warm, sprinkle with additional sugar/cinnamon mix.
  9. Serve warm (they’re super gooey and fudgy this way) and enjoy!

If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!

2 thoughts on “Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s