Here’s the thing; I feel mint is a lot like cilantro in the way that you either love it or hate it. While I enjoy both, my boyfriend is not a fan of the former. No matter if it’s used in savoury or sweet dishes, he insists that mint should be found only in toothpaste. If you’re like my man and have no love for mint, mojitos probably aren’t for you. I suggest trying this Cranberry Screwdriver or Salty Dog recipe instead (both are killer, trust me). However if like me you were the weird kid ordering chocolate chip mint ice cream at the dairy bar, then add mojitos to your drink roster amigo. This Watermelon Mojito is a fun spin on the traditional and simply screams summer (which I'm holding onto for dear life, FYI).
Scroll below for this Watermelon Mojito recipe and if you like what's going on here don't forget to subscribe!
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 to 4 thick slices of watermelon, seeded
- 4 oz white rum
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 10 fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
Here's what you'll do:
- Remove and discard the rind and seeds for the watermelon. Put the fruit into a food processor and puree.
- Pour lime juice, rum, mint leaves and simple syrup into two highball glasses filled with ice.
- Add equal parts watermelon puree and Perrier to glasses and stir.
- Garnish with remaining watermelon, lime and mint.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!