My son has an intense love for blueberries. For real, his favourite three foods are pizza, “cheeseboogers” (we’re working on the pronunciation) and blueberries. He can easily eat a whole container to himself in one sitting (how this doesn’t give him the shits, I’ll never know). So whenever I decide to use blueberries as the star component of a recipe my son is pumped. Fun fact: Canada’s Blueberry Capital is only a short drive from my hometown. How are these titles decided, by the way? Does anyone know? Anyway, blueberries grow in the wild here late July through August and while these berries were store bought, I’ll be sure to make this delicious recipe again once the U-Picks becoming available. Also, I tried something new with my photos and went for “dark and moody”. Not sure I’m feeling it. Let me know what you think in the comments box below! Scroll down to find this Simple Blueberry Muffin recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ¼ cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 2tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½tsp of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Finishing sugar
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
2. Fill muffin tray with liners or spray the muffin wells with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, oil and sugar until creamy. Add one egg at a time, beating after each addition.
4. In a second bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar mixture as well as the milk and vanilla.
6. Fold in blueberries.
7. Scoop batter into muffin tray.
8. Sprinkle finishing sugar on top of the unbaked muffins.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
10. Cool and serve.
If you try our recipe, please use the hashtag #cashemereandcocktailsblog on Instagram so we can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!