This Tuscan Turkey Sandwich recipe is a great addition to your weeknight meals. It's quick, easy, and delicious!
Alright, we've all been there: you just got off work, the kids are hungry, and you have zero lined up for dinner yet. Enter this Tuscan Turkey Sandwich recipe. Not only are they incredibly simple to throw together, they're also a quick option and can be ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
Also, can we all agree that turkey is not only for holidays? Turkey is a super versatile protein and I love incorporating it into recipes.
Tip #1 - Turkey Temp
For this recipe, I recommend using a meat thermometer. Using this kitchen tool takes the guesswork out of the doneness of the meat in question. Be sure that the inside temperature of the turkey breast reaches 165°F.
Tip #2 - Tools
While I used a grilling pan to cook the turkey, the BBQ is a great option as well.? ? The reason I went for the grilling pan was for the sack of convenience and time. We own a charcoal BBQ and the process of getting it going is daunting to me - especially when I'm in a hurry.
Tip #3 - Pesto
If you have any leftover basil from your summer garden, now is the time to use it! This recipe includes a very basic pesto recipe. Pesto can be used in a variety of ways, ? not only for these sandwiches. Are you a fan of pesto? Try this Cashew Pesto Pasta recipe!
This post is in paid partnership with ThinkTurkey. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the businesses and brands that make Cashmere & Cocktails possible!
Scroll below for this Tuscan Turkey Sandwich recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!?
Tuscan Turkey Sandwich
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 Lemon, zest of
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- ½ cup Roasted red peppers, from jar
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Arugula, fresh
- 2 Ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, fresh basil and lemon zest. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Slice turkey breast horizontally, cutting it in two. Place one slice of turkey breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. Working from the center out, pound with the smooth side of a mallet until breast is about ¼ inch thick. Repeat with second slice.
- Preheat a grilling pan on medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine Italian seasoning and olive oil. Toss sliced turkey pieces in mixture until well coated and seasoned.
- Place turkey onto preheated pan and grill until cooked through, reaching internal temperature of 165°F (approximately 5 minutes per side).
- Place provolone slices onto turkey the last minute of grilling to melt cheese.
- Cut ciabatta rolls in half lengthwise. Generously spread both halves with mayonnaise sauce.
- Layer the following ingredients in a single layer: roasted red peppers, grilled turkey breast and melted provolone cheese, avocado and arugula. Add top half of roll.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I love and truly recommend.
If you like this article, be sure to subscribe to this blog,? follow me on Instagram? and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for food photography tips and tricks?? Subscribe to my YouTube channeland never miss out on the action!
Content you may also like: