Thumbprint cookies are so underrated. They’re easy to make, super tasty and highly addictive. They’re also a nice cookie to bake with your kids considering how fun the smooshing part of the process is. I used this Strawberry Champagne Jam for the center but any jam you have on hand will do. No joke, I could eat a dozen of these on my own. So if you’re anything like me and like yourself a good thumbprint cookie, you may want to double up on the recipe. The cookies freeze really well too in case you want to store them for a later date (which I never do, because they get eaten way too quickly).
Scroll below for this Glazed Thumbprint Cookie recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the cookie dough:
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup jam
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of milk
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Scoop roughly 1 Tbsp of the dough at a time and roll into balls, placing them on prepared baking pan. Gently press your thumb into each ball about half way deep.
- Spoon ½ tsp of jam into each thumbprint.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- For the glaze, combine butter, cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a mixing bowl. Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time, beating with an electric mixer until desired consistency is achieved.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, drizzle glaze over each.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Looking for cooking videos? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out on the action!