Little known fact: I hate drinking champagne. I know; how un-bougie of me, right? It isn’t just champagne though. I don’t know if it’s from all the times orange soda spray out of my nostrils as a child (which somehow happened every birthday party I attended), or because of the way it burns as it runs down my esophagus, but anything carbonated turns me way off. So yeah, basically I don’t like the bubbly part of bubbly. I do however love baking with champagne, and this tasty strawberry champagne jam is one of my favs. The best part of this jam is how quickly and easily it can be made. Also, if you are a fan of bubbly beverages, you’ll have half a bottle left to throw back once you’re done making this recipe. Win-win, folks!
Scroll below for this Strawberry Champagne Jam recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 cups whole strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups champagne
Here’s what you’ll do:
- If using fresh berries, wash and remove stems.
- In a large sauté pan, add strawberries, lemon juice and sugar. Stir to coat.
- Over medium heat, cook berry mixture for approx. 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- After 10 minutes, mash berries with potato masher until they are well broken down. Add champagne and stir.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook jam until sufficiently thickened to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat, transfer to clean jars, and cool before refrigerating.
If you like this recipe, tag me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!