Prepare yourself for some sunshine in cookie form with these Lemon Sugar Cookies (and I don't know about you, but I need all of the extra rays I can get at this point). Honestly, I'm having a hard time believing that September is just around the corner. While I love all things fall, I feel like this summer completely escaped me and I’m left feeling more than a little down about it. So before I accept the inevitable and immerse myself in Pumpkinland, I’m going to pump out a few more summery recipes. Cool? Besides, not only do these lemon sugar cookies feel like a bite of sunshine, they’re also soft, chewy and come with just the right amount of zingy lemon flavor, so they’re a win in any season.
Scroll below for this Lemon Sugar Cookie Recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the cookies:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and mix until well combined.
- Add lemon juice, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until combined. Do not over mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Scoop chilled cookie dough by the tablespoon and roll into 1” balls. Place rolled batter onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- While cookies bake, combine confectioner’s sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Once baked, allow cookies to cool completely. Drizzle with glaze.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!