A dirty horchata is great, but I decided to go the extra mile and make this recipe absolutely filthy. Not only did I want/need the coffee aspect of this deliciously sweet beverage (aka dirty), but I also figured a few shots of Kahlua wouldn’t hurt. I mean, honestly, who even knows what day of the week it is anymore, let alone the time of day? Friday Fun Day and Happy Hour can be whenever you damn please. Also, I’d like to state that while this drink is a bit of a process to make, it’s a great treat to have before tackling the endless mountains of laundry waiting for you (seriously, how the hell do the clothes keep piling up if all we’re wearing is pajamas?!). Totally worth the labour, trust me.
Scroll below for this Filthy Horchata recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ¼ cups long grain white rice, dry uncooked
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups steaming hot water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 6-8 oz. Kahlua
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon, for rimming
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, for rimming
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a bowl, combine rice, water and cinnamon sticks. Soak at room temperature for 4 hours.
- Pour rice and water into a blender, discarding the cinnamon sticks. Add vanilla extract, milk, and condensed milk. Blender 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- In a small plate, combine ground cinnamon and granulated sugar. Stir with a fork until sufficient mixed. Wet the rim of four glasses with water and dip into cinnamon sugar.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour in the horchata until ¾ full. Add coffee and Kahlua to desired taste.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!