Winter is upon us, amigos. I woke up yesterday to the white crap falling from the sky and felt my soul cry a little. In my part of the world, we have two and a half seasons; four months of summer, one too-short month of fall, followed by seven months of winter. I don’t even bother counting spring as a season here because it only lasts about a week. No joke, we go from Everest-like mountains of snow that the plow pushes into our yards straight to 20°C weather over Victoria Day weekend. It’s madness. So when our longest season starts this early, I want to scream. There is a silver lining to winter’s premature arrival though; the urge to bake for the holidays. To kick off this baking extravaganza, I bring to you this Dark Chocolate and Pecan Cookie recipe. It’s easy, it’s tasty and it’s made the first snow fall a little less painful.
Scroll below for this Dark Chocolate and Pecan Cookie recipe and don’t forget to subscribe 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 16 pecan halves for garnish if desired
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined (do not over mix).
- With a rubber spatula, fold in chopped pecans and chocolate.
- Scoop rounds of cookie dough (roughly 3 Tbsp. in size) onto prepared baking sheet. Press one pecan half onto every cookie if desired. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Let cool and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!