Want to know what I like? Desserts. Want to know what I like even more than desserts? EASY desserts. As much as I love baking, it’s awesome to have a killer dessert recipe in your arsenal that requires very little effort. It’s also nice to have a last-minute, crap-we-have-company-coming-gotta-throw-something-together, option. If this sounds as appealing to you as it does to me, then you need this Lazy Brownies recipe in your life. It involves only one bowl, one baking pan and 9 simple ingredients. It can also be served warm with ice cream only ten minutes after removing from the oven if the need arises which is a hella cool bonus. But warning; once you go the lazy route, you may never go back. 😉
Scroll below for this Lazy Brownies recipe and don’t forget to subscribe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, melted
Here’s what you’re going to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 inch square pan with parchment paper or spray pan with cooking spray (I prefer using parchment paper, but you do you Booboo).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add cocoa powder and beat on low (if you turn the beaters on too high you may end up with a big cocoa powder cloud in your face, just sayin’).
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Add vanilla, beat until combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder, only stirring until flour is combined. Do not overbeat on this step!
- Fold in ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with crumbs, but NOT wet.
- Cool completely or serve warm a la mode! Enjoy, fellow lazy people.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!