Listen up, amigos; if you’re hosting brunch and want to wow your guests, these tasty fuckers are the way to go. These cinnamon roll – soft pretzel hybrids are sweet, buttery perfection and I may or may not have eaten four in one sitting (don’t judge me until you try them). I’ll be the first to admit that the recipe is a bit of work but stop being a little bitch and flex those kitchen muscles. After tasting them, you will thank me – pinkie promise. I found this recipe on The Beach House Kitchen and modified it a tad, however I will link the blog below if you want to check it out. She has a ton of great recipes and her images are magazine worthy! (Also, how gorgeous are the antique cutlery pieces in my images? My mother-in-law gave them to me and I’m in love!)
Scroll down and find out for yourself why these cinnamon and pecan filled delights are the stuff dreams are made of. And don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ cup milk, (warm but not hot)
- 8g active dry yeast
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened and divided
- ¾ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Combine warm milk and yeast in a bowl and let stand for approximately 5-10 minutes. Milk should be warm to the touch, NOT hot. If your milk is too warm you will kill your yeast (yes, it’s alive; no it’s not as gross as it sounds).
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar and salt. With a paddle attachment like THIS, add yeast mixture, 2 eggs, egg yolk and vanilla on low speed. Mix until dough comes together. Increase speed to med-high and beat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup butter and beat until dough pulls away from the sides of bowl.
- Spray the interior of a large bowl with cooking spray or grease with butter. Add the dough and cover with a towel, placing in a warm area to rise for 2 hours.
- While the dough is rising, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Cover and set aside.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Once dough has risen, transfer to a well-floured surface and roll out into a 12×16 inch rectangle. Brush the dough with 1/2 cup of softened butter. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture evenly over top. Gently press mixture into the dough. Carefully fold the top half of the dough over the bottom half. You should now have a 12×8 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 12 even strips.
- Holding both end of each strip, twist dough 5-6 times. Tie the strip into a knot and tuck the ends under (kind of like a pretzel). Repeat with remaining strips and place onto baking sheets. Cover with towels for 30 minutes.
- While dough rises, beat one egg and 1tbsp of water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Once 30 minutes is up, brush dough with egg wash and sprinkle coarse sugar on top. Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!
Also, check out The Beach House Kitchen HERE.