So here’s the thing; my boyfriend and I do our fair share of entertaining. This is especially true during the winter months when our trailer is closed (more on this gem HERE), friends aren’t travelling and we are under house arrest due to our unwillingness to pay for a babysitter. While the evenings are BYOB (we aren’t running a bar, after all), I enjoy making finger foods for our guests. I’m also lucky enough to have a father-in-law who smokes salmon as a hobby and guys, his stuff is the fucking bomb. I’m always excited to incorporate it into recipes and this Smoke Salmon Flatbread is no exception. This being said, the grocery store stuff works just fine too so don’t let the lack of home-smoked salmon hinder you from trying this awesome (and super easy) appetizer.
Scroll below to find out how I made this Smoked Salmon Flatbread and don’t forget to subscribe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flatbread (I used THIS)
- 300g smoked salmon
- 8oz cream cheese
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- Fresh dill
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Cut flatbread into two equal parts. Bake according to package instructions and let cool completely.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over flatbread.
- Top with smoked salmon, red onion and capers. Squeeze on some fresh lemon juice and garnish with dill.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!