Guys, I have a confession to make; I watch a lot of Sesame Street. Like, a lot. Segments like The Letter of the Day and Elmo the Musical keep my baby’s attention like nothing else. Now, before you rip me a new one for childhood screen time and its negative impact on my baby’s development, I’d like to point out that our parents weren’t even required to use seatbelts on us until 1987 in my province. Two seemingly unrelated matters, but while one has been linked to obesity (aka couch potatoes) the other could potentially have led to death. Just sayin’. Anyhow, you may be wondering what Sesame Street has to do with this Double Chocolate Cookie recipe. The answer? The Cookie Monster. By late afternoon, I’d heard the C is for Cookie song a stupid number of times and decided that the furry blue monster was right; C is for fucking cookie. And so cookies I made. I had some Hershey’s cocoa left over from the Grand Marnier Chocolate Truffles I made recently and decided that double chocolate chip was the way to go. Trust me, they didn’t disappoint. The recipe was also easy enough for the kids to help with and my son (who’s stealing a cookie in the last photo of this post) boldly stated that they were “the best cookies ever”. Scroll below and try them out for yourself. You can totally thank me (and Sesame Street) later.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ¼ cups of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups of cocoa
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until just mixed through.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Blend the flour mixture on low into the creamed butter.
- Stir in chips.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, scoop dough and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place cookies on a wire rack and let cool for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
If you like our recipe, please use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog on Instagram so we can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!