If you don’t love chocolate chip cookies then we can't be friends and I suggest turning your heels and clicking your way out of this blog. For those of you who do and are still reading, I have a great recipe to share with you today. These cookies may not be fancy, but trust that they don’t need to be. They are absolutely delicious in their own simple, sweet way. It’s also one of those you-can’t-fuck-up recipes that I feel would take a lot of effort to ruin which is great considering I made these after downing three hella strong margaritas. See? Even drunk me can bake these. I have faith that you can too. Scroll below to find this tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe below and try it for yourself (intoxicated or not).
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup of softened unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (I used both semi-sweet and white but no pressure)
*I recommend chilling the dough for a few hours prior to baking. Drunk me didn’t on this particular occasion and the cookies still turned out however I have chilled dough in the past and it does make for a chewier end result. The ball is totally in your court.
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Beat softened butter and sugars together until smooth.
2. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Mix in baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Slowly add flour, mixing until batter is smooth.
5. Add chocolate chips (the better quality chocolate, the better the cookie, just sayin’).
6. If you choose to chill the dough, now is the time. Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
7. Preheat over at 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
8. With a small ice cream scoop, scoop dough (about 2tbsp/cookie) onto sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden. 10. Let cool approx. 10 minutes (or don’t and burn the inside of your mouth #worthit).