Hi everyone and welcome to cashmere & cocktails! To kick start the blog, I’m sharing my favourite margarita recipe because, well, I fucking love margaritas. I’d like to advise those who partake in these delicious alcohol bombs that they should be drank in the privacy of your own home, surrounded by people who won’t judge you because tequila can be both your best friend and worse enemy. A few too many of these MOFOs and you may find yourself blackout drunk, stripping your off clothes while speaking as much espagnol as your Dora the Explorer education allows. Not that I speak from experience or anything *cough*. Scroll and find the recipe below!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1/3 cup fresh – I repeat FRESH – lime juice
– 1/3 cup simple syrup
– 2/3 cup silver tequila (preferably Patron but I’m not a snob so any silver will do)
– 1/2 cup triple sec
– Lime wedge
– Coarse sea salt
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Moisten the rim of your glass with the lime wedge then dip the rim in salt.
2. Throw the juice, syrup, tequila and triple sec into a cocktail shaker.
3. Add a few cubes of ice and shake until the ice has dissolved.
4. Carefully pour the margarita into your glass, without disturbing the salt.
5. Try not to blackout.