While there is certainly no bad brownie, there’s something to be said about the combination of salty peanut butter and fudgy chocolate. I went ahead and tried to make them healthy-ish by using Fatso Classic High-Performance Peanut Butter which is packed with plant based superfats, as well as chia and flax seeds (this makes my recipe healthy, right? Right???). If you don’t have any Fatso on hand (though I highly recommend picking some up because it’s AH-mazing), this recipe totally works with regular peanut butter as well, so feel free to substitute if necessary. Regardless which of the two you use, these Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies are A MUST.
Scroll below for this Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Fatso Classic High-Performance Peanut Butter (or any peanut butter of your choice)
- Pinch of salt
- Coarse salt for garnish (optional)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9×13 rectangular cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a medium sized metal bowl over a pot of simmering water and melt together the butter and chocolate chips. Once melted and combined, set bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir eggs and caster sugar together with a spatula until combined.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over egg mixture and blend together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold into wet ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared cake pan and spread evenly.
- Over brownie batter, drizzle Fatso Classic High-Performance Peanut Butter. Using a toothpick, create swirls.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Garnish with coarse salt and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, tag me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!
*This is not a paid partnership.