With the amount of pasta I’ve been eating lately, you’d think that I’m carb-loading for a goddamn marathon. As some of you may already know, the only type of marathon I’ve been training for lately is the eating variety. But guess what? I’m totally fine with it. If quarantine has taught me anything, it’s that I like carbs and that carbs are here to stay. So if you’re like me and have joined the wonderful world of No Shits Given, then I definitely recommend making this Classic Carbonara recipe. It’s nothing avant-garde or revolutionary, just a simple and easy pasta dish that makes me happy.
Scroll below for this Classic Carbonara recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Before draining, remove ½ cup of pasta water and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk egg and parmesan. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced bacon and cook until crispy. Reserve bacon grease in skillet.
- Stir in garlic and reduce heat to low.
- Stir in pasta and egg mixture, gently tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add reserved pasta water one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with parsley and more grated Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!