Am I the only one out there who has zero clue what day of the week it is anymore? I swear I’ve lost track of all sense of time, so much so that I hadn’t even realized it was Victoria Day weekend. It was kind of a stab to the heart when a co-worker pointed it out. Normally, we’d be opening the cottage with my in-laws this weekend. They have an adorable place in Prince Edward Island but seeing as the borders remain closed, so will the cottage. To console myself, I baked these Mini Blueberry Galettes. And yes, I know what you’re thinking; emotional eating isn’t the solution, Jen. But until you bite into these delicious galettes yourself, you can save me the lecture. They’re sweet, comforting and served perfectly topped with ice cream (though sadly not Cow’s ice cream). Next time you’re feeling down and out about being on lock-down, I dare you to try this recipe and tell me it doesn’t make you feel better. Oh and don’t worry about the calories: we can deal with our muffin tops collectively another day.
Scroll below for this Mini Blueberry Galettes recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 9 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 6 Tbsp cold water
For the filling:
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and salt. Add butter cubes and cut into the flour using a pastry cutter until butter is sufficiently chopped.
- Adding one Tbsp at a time, drizzle water over the flour mixture and toss with fork to distribute moisture. Repeat until no more dry piles of flour are found at the bottom and dough holds together.
- Divide dough evenly into 6 balls. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon zest. Add blueberries and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- On a well-floured surface, roll each dough ball into an 8 inch circle. Spoon 1/6 of the blueberry mixture into the center of each disk, leaving 2” border. Fold edges over, overlapping slightly.
- Brush dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place galettes onto prepared sheet pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream & enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!