Because my day started with a toddler head-butting me in the mouth, I decided to make peach cobbler. Yes, I understand that there is no real correlation there, but a bloody lip at 6am calls for a treat yo' self moment in my book. This recipe is also super easy, so it was no sweat to prepare with an icepack pressed against my bottom lip. Try it yourself! (The cobbler, not the bloody lip.)
Scroll below for this Peach Cobbler recipe and if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe! 😉
Here's what you'll need:
For the peach filling:
- 8 fresh peaches, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
For the crust:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, chilled and grated
- ½ cup hot water
Here's what you'll do:
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches, lemon juice, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch. Toss until peaches are well coated. Pour into 9x13 baking dish and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour, sugars, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add grated butter and stir. Add hot water and stir until combined (the butter will still be lumpy, this is totally normal).
- Remove baking dish from oven and scoop batter onto peaches evenly. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon is desired. Return baking dish to oven for 25-30 minutes, or until crust becomes golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!