In the spirit of the upcoming camping season, I decided to make S’mores Cookies. Now, before you rain all over my campground parade, I’d like to say that I am aware of the uncertainty surrounding basically everything right now. Camping season will happen nonetheless, even if it means parking our crappy trailer in the driveway and making a bonfire out of the shed, so help me Jesus. We don’t need a scenic view to have drinks by a fire after all (though the river is admittedly nicer to gaze upon than the neighbour riding his John Deere with his gut hanging out). Anyway, back to the S’mores Cookies. These bad boys are ooey-gooey heaven to say the least. In collaboration with Dumais Fruits et Legumes, I’ve created these cookies with Lily’s Semi-Sweet Style Chocolate Chips. The best part? Like all Lily’s products, the cookie recipe can be made entirely sugar-free with only a few substitutions which I’ve listed in brackets below.
Scroll below for this S’mores Cookie recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar (Swerve Brown Sugar Replacement)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (Swerve Granular Sugar Replacement)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Lily’s Semi-Sweet Style Chocolate Chips)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a sauce pan, melt butter on medium heat until golden brown, stirring frequently. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream browned butter and sugars (or sugar substitutes) with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, beat until well combined.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips then scoop the batter onto the baking pan using a 1 ounce cookie scoop.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and quickly sprinkle the top of cookies with mini marshmallows, pushing them down slightly into the cookie. Return cookies to oven for 5-6 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!