This Leek and Lima Bean Soup offers just the right amount of comfort you need on cold chilly days. It's hearty, flavorful and packed with nutrients!
One of my favourite soups is potato and leek, but since potatoes aren’t my friend at the moment I present you with this leek and lima bean soup. This soup is also garnished with bacon bits, which is a total bonus - trust me.
This soup is a great option if you are in a pinch for time since it can be ready in 30 minutes. Yes, you heard right: a delicious soup that you can enjoy for days, ready in the time it takes to enjoy a glass of wine.
Scroll below for this Leek and Lima Bean Soup recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Leek and Lima Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 stalks leeks sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme leaves picked
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup lima beans frozen
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon diced
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over low heat. Add leeks and thyme and cook covered for 10 minutes or until softened. If leeks begin to stick, add splash of water.
- Place the diced bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook until crispy. Set aside.
- Once leeks have softened, add lima beans, vegetable broth and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- With a blender or emulsifier, blend the soup.
- Garnish with bacon bits and serve. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!