Muffins are a glorified, pseudo-healthy cupcake. There, I said it. The little handheld treats often have the same sugar content as cupcakes and some (arguably the best kind) are even glazed (like these delicious Pumpkin Crumb Muffins, for example). While I agree that these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip muffins shouldn’t be a part of your daily breakfast routine, I’m also the girl who ate goddamn Coffee Bundt Cake too many mornings in a row recently. Who the hell am I to speak on the dos and don’ts of breakfast? I’m no Jilian Michaels. The 20-odd minutes that I sporadically spend on the treadmill does nothing to counter all of the treat yo'self moments I have over the course of a day. What goes into my mouth (muffins) ends up nestling itself directly onto my hips (muffin-top). While we're on the subject of health, isn't peanut butter is considered a protein? Does that make these muffins healthy? (Don’t answer that.)
Scroll below for this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 375° Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar on high with electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add peanut butter and milk, mix until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder, mixing until just combined (don’t over mix).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- With an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter in the muffin liners evenly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!