Is there anything better than the smell of Christmas? (Other than the smell of freshly baked cupcakes of course, but my opinion is a little bias in that regard.) While I had so many plans lined up this holiday season that have yet to take shape, like erecting the tree for instance, I was able to achieve the illusion of Christmas through scent. How does that saying go? Fake it ‘til you make it? Anyhow, if you’re anything like me and super late in the game, give yourself the gift of this Homemade Holiday Scent. I’ve actually avoided calling it what it actually is – potpourri – because I felt it makes me feel old and lame. While I’m probably both of those things, having our home smelling warm and inviting was worth the risk of being teased. Also, if you’re a fan of the Bath & Body Works balsam candles, you will totally love this. Fingers crossed that the smell will motivate me to do the rest of the Christmas stuff that I need to do!
Scroll below for this easy Homemade Holiday Scent and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 2 oranges, halved
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 star of anise
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- ¼ tsp. ginger, freshly ground
- 1 vanilla bean stick
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 branch of fresh pine
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium sauce pan. Fill the pot with water until it is ¾ way full.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Add water as needed.
- Let cool and cover. Use again and again by bringing the pot back to a simmer and adding water as needed.
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!