As a child, I grew up with all kinds of holiday food traditions: a Christmas goose, cipaille (a French Canadian staple in our corner of the world), a giant party sub from Subway… the list goes on. Homemade Chex Mix, however, didn’t come into my life until I met my boyfriend. His mom makes homemade chex mix annually and it’s the absolute bomb. Honestly, the crunchy and salty deliciousness has me wondering where the hell it’s been all of my life. Thanks to my mother-in-law, I’ll never have to go without the tasty tradition again and now neither will you!
Scroll below for the Homemade Chex Mix recipe and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 cups Shreddies
- 3 cups Bugles
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 Tbsp. dill weed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 cups Chocolate covered pretzels
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Shreddies, Bugles and mixed nuts. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder and lemon pepper. Pour the butter over the cereal mixture and toss for 5 minutes or until the cereal mixture is evenly coated.
- Spread cereal mixture evenly on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Spread baked cereal mixture onto paper towels and let cool for 1 hour.
- Add chocolate covered pretzels, and serve. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!