This Creamy Tomato Soup is like a warm hug! It's packed with flavour and can be ready in under an hour.
Have you ever tried to simultaneously dress three children for -30° weather? No? Then let me paint you a picture of what it’s like, amigos: Fight with them to put on their winter gear because being bundled to the point that one can barely move sucks. Convince them it’s necessary to avoid freezing their faces off (this step includes a lot of whining on their part and threats/bribes on yours). Get the first two kids into their snowsuits. Finally reach the third child and dress her, only to find that the first two have inevitably begun taking pieces off. Return to the first and second child and put the pieces back on. Meanwhile, the third child has started taking her crap off too. The cycle goes on and on and on and on and on until you die. If this scenario sounds familiar to you, you likely share my distaste for the chilly season. If it doesn’t and you plan to have a bunch of kids, do yourself a favour and migrate to the south like the geese before you start reproducing.
One thing that I do like about winter (and there isn’t much, folks), is the cozy comfort food. I made this Creamy Tomato Soup on a particularly chilly day and it was (almost) exactly what I needed (because let’s be real; what I actually needed was wine).
Scroll below for this Creamy Tomato Soup and don’t forget to subscribe!
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 10 roma tomatoes quartered
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon thyme fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese fresh, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large oven safe pot, combine tomatoes, onion, olive oil, thyme, garlic and salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the tomato mixture into a blender, add milk and puree until smooth. Return soup to pot and place over medium heat on the stovetop. Stir in shredded parmesan and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan. Ignore the weather, cozy up and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!