Now and then I open the refrigerator, see that we’re out of leftovers and think to myself shit. Leftovers are my go-to when I’m home alone for a meal. It’s not that I don’t enjoy cooking, I just hate going through all the trouble for one. In times like these, I often lazily throw together a pb&j sandwich. Not that there’s anything wrong with that (for the record, I love pb&j sandwiches), but I decided to add a new option to my roster. In comes this Caprese Flatbread. Don’t be fooled by its bougie appearance; this flatbread is basically a mini pizza. On top of being a tasty lunch option, it would be an easy appetizer to serve at a party, so it’s also a versatile mini pizza. So if you hate cooking for one as much as I do, or you want a delicious meal option that requires very minimal effort, try this Caprese Flatbread.
Scroll below for this Caprese Flatbread recipe and don’t forget to subscribe 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Large naan-style flatbread
- ½ tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Pinch basil, dried
- Balsamic glaze
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place flatbread on parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and spread garlic over naan bread evenly. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Over the toasted naan, place freshly sliced mozzarella.
- Evenly distribute sliced tomatoes on top and sprinkle with dried basil.
- Bake flatbreads for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!