Confession; when the gluten-free diet first hit, I thought it was a heaping pile of manure. I knew zero about it other than the fact that gluten-free bread was five times pricier than regular bread and that everyone and their grand-mother was suddenly requesting gluten-free dining options. I thought it was fake. I thought it would pass. I was wrong. Over time, I realized that some folks truly are gluten intolerant (celiac disease is real, people) and that thankfully all things gluten-free don’t taste like cardboard. So to all the gluten-free eaters out there, I have a treat for you. This Flourless Chocolate Cake is so fudgy and delicious that I pinky promise you won’t feel like you’re missing out. It’s so awesome, in fact, that I’ve made it for myself on more than one occasion (I can totally tolerate gluten, for the record). Bottom line; whether you can eat gluten or not, this cake is the tits. P.S. My son assisted with the first shot. Aren't his little hands the cutest?
Do you follow a gluten-free diet? Would you like to see more of these types of recipes on the blog? If so, let me know in the comment box below! And don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, separated
- Pinch of salt
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray the inside of a 8 inch round spring-form pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Stir until lumps are gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Stir the egg yolks into the cooled chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites until combined. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until center no longer wiggles.
- Let cool completely in pan. Once cooled, unlock pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!