Soft, thick and chewy (no, I’m not referring to my derrière), these macadamia nut cookies are AH-mazing. I will go ahead and admit that I had them for breakfast two mornings in a row because; 1. I like to think that this is a judgment-free zone and 2. I don’t really care what anyone thinks anyway. However, if I am wrong and you’re wrinkling your nose over my meal choices, you need to realize that this mama likes to occasionally have dessert and alcohol for breakfast. And while I love a spinach smoothie as much as the next person*, I also love cookies. It’s all about balance, people.
Scroll below for this must-try Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe and don’t forget to subscribe! 😉
*I lied; I don’t actually love a spinach smoothie as much as the next person but who is the next person? Let me know in the comment box below if it is you. While the idea of spinach smoothies sounds like drinking pureed grass, I’m totally open to trying a recipe and being proven wrong.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups macadamia nuts, chopped
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer. Once well combined, add eggs and vanilla and beat some more.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- Add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix evenly.
- Scoop dough (approx. 2 tbsp. at a time) and drop onto prepared baking sheet, leaving enough room between each ball for them to spread as they bake.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy (for breakfast or otherwise)!
If you like this recipe, follow me on Instagram @cashmereandcocktailsblog and use the hashtag #cashmereandcocktailsblog so I can give your post some love. Also, subscribe to the blog and never miss out on the action!