As if avocado toast wasn’t bomb enough, this recipe takes it to a whole new holy-shit level of deliciousness. It’s everything you love about the original with the added bonus of juicy rotisserie chicken and some heat. Although I was spoiled enough to use my man’s rotisserie chicken (I added a photo of the beasts because they were too sexy not to share), the ready-to-serve grocery store variety works just fine too. As far as heat goes, I chose the Green Pepper Cholula Hot Sauce for no other reason than it was in my line of vision when I opened the refrigerator. (Side note: if you haven’t tried any of the Cholula products, do so. Like, now. They’re great.) Anyhow, for this recipe you can use just about whatever hot sauce you have on hand. I also picked up a fresh Belgian artisan loaf to use for the toast but I’m sure the recipe would work well on most bread vessels. Or if carbs aren’t your thing and you’re working on your summer bod, throw the mix onto lettuce leaves and have it as a wrap. As you can see, this recipe is as flexible as an Olympic gymnast so you do you, Boo Boo.
Scroll below and try the Souped-Up Spicy Avocado Toast for yourself!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cup of rotisserie chicken
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2tbsp of FRESH lime juice (I cannot stress the fresh enough)
- Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Dice chicken and avocado. Throw into bowl.
- Finely dice red onion. Add to bowl.
- Chop cilantro and you guessed it: add to bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice and hot sauce. Notice that I didn’t specify how much hot sauce to add. Since everyone’s preference is different in the heat department, add as much or as little as you like. You’re the boss.
- Combine sauce with ingredients until coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Not to be Captain Obvious but you can now toast your bread and add the toppings.
Like what you see? Subscribe to cashmere & cocktails and never miss out on the action.